Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lil' Miss Mom




We were very worried about how Chloe would adapt to having a younger sibling. Our fears seemed to be realized the first few days. She was having a hard time with it, fits, crying, not sleeping well... But once we got past the first few days, Chloe took a surprise turn. She has not only comfortably slipped into the role of big sister, but she also has took on a new role of second-string mom. She is very helpful when it comes to Oli. Last night Oli starting crying, next thing we know Chloe is sprinting down the hall towards Oli's room yelling, "I am coming Oli". She is very soft with her and is always watching over her. It has been a lot of fun watching her with Oli. With that being said, I have to admit that it is a little scary how baby hungry Chloe is. Cute for now, but please grow out of it!

7 comments:

Lott said...

I get the feeling Chloe will be very protective of Olivia. It's so cute. They are both darling little girls.

Mike Lozano said...

Women in my family are already grandmas by age 12. But luckily, in South Texas, we have womens prisons to keep the girls seperated from the boys. That reminds me, I wonder how my cousin Angela is doing. Hmmm.

Wendy said...

Very cute. I'm sure its nice to have a little helper.

Holly said...

Congratulations on the new addition!

Effie said...

Hey Heidi! I was blog surfing and found yours! Congratulations on the new little bundle! I'm glad that Chloe is such a good big sister. I hope you're doing well!

aaschau said...

That baby is dang cute! Sorry we didn't pass through Spokane when we were out Seattle way. No intent to offend. We'll make Spokane a destination at some point in the not too distant future. We'd love to catch up and see if Kevin really has what it takes to clean clock against Amy on Git Hero. Glad mom and Oli are doing well. All the Best. A&A

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Oli is a beautiful baby. I love those dark eyes. I am glad you are getting settled more. Hope things are still goin well with the family of five. Chazlyn