Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The gospel according to Ashton and Chloe

After church on Sundays, I ask my kids what they learned.  The answer is almost always the same... we had treats and played.  I know that they are taught lessons, they just are not as interested in that part.  This Sunday was a little different.  When I asked them what they learned, Ashton said he learned that it is ok to eat animals.  I asked why it was ok and he said because Jesus made them for us to eat them.  I asked who told him that and he said Jesus did.  Almost as soon as Ashton was done with his sentence, Chloe piped in and told me that Jesus told her that she needs to eat treats.  Since then, I have overheard Chloe bossing Ashton in the name of Jesus.  Jesus told me to tell you to get me a drink.  Jesus told me to tell you to get me a treat.  That Chloe is a real sly one.  

3 comments:

Lott said...

That is hilarious. I love the way that girls thinks. Good job Ashton for remembering something from your primary class.

Mike and Kelli said...

Chloe is awesome. I think I'll try that with Mike (Jesus told me to tell you to do the laundry...).

Susan F. said...

Gotta love those grandkids. They are pretty smart - smart enough to outwit us for sure. I remember when Chloe was going through the "Oh man..." stage. She's a hoot.