Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dorthy and the Cowardly Lion


We went to our work halloween party dressed as the wizard or oz (see main picture). We had a lot of fun. There was tons of food and a great turn out. I went as the scarecrow, Heidi was the wicked witch, Ashton was the cowardly lion, Chloe was Dorthy, and Oli was the good witch. They gave out prizes for the best costumes at the end of the evening. Asthon won 3rd prize out of the children and I won first prize out of the adult men. On a side note, Chloe spent most of today at an instant care from having her finger slammed in a door. They had to take off the nail and put in 6 stitches. She was a real trooper and did just fine during the party. There is a chance that she will lose the tip of her finger, but we are hoping that it will heal and the finger nail will grow back.

6 comments:

Lott said...

Those costumes are fantastic. Kevin, I can't believe you let Heidi dress you up.

Heidi..did that green stuff come off your face? I can still see it on your fingers. You could always tell people you are feeling ill and get some free meals!

The kids look so cute as usual.

Susan F. said...

I love your picture. I bet Misti really loves it!!! In case you don't remember, she used to watch Wizard of Oz every day when she was about 3 or 4 years old. Your costumes are great and the kids look adorable.

Mindi said...

So sorry to hear about Chloe's finger! Kaia got her big toe caught in a swinging metal door a few years back and Adam spent a lot of time at the ER with her. She healed up pretty well, we hope the same for poor Chloe!

Staci said...

I love your costumes. So cute!!! I hope Chloe is going to be okay--so sad. We miss you all!!

Aaron said...

The family spirit is awesome. I just realized you have music playing on your blog. I never have my speakers on. I have got to figure out how you guys do all this stuff. The huge picture and the music. i am jealous. I hope you all have a happy halloween. I am sure those cute kids are going to have a blast.

Doug & Jen said...

Geez man that's horrible about about Chloe's finger. Hope she gets to keep all of it. The finger I mean. Also that is some crazy looking green paint on Heidi. Good costumes.